If there is one good thing about cold weather, it’s the excuse it gives us to purchase a new winter jumper. Forget the scratchy, unattractive things of your childhood, these stunners from Boden’s current knitwear collection will have you willing the frosty mornings on! Rachel has picked her faves…
This post was supposed to be about general winter jumpers, you know, from several retailers. But once I started to look at Boden’s current collection I was stumped at which ones wouldn’t make the cut. Instead of leaving some of these beauties out, I decided to just focus on Boden for this ‘5 of the best’ post. I know Boden is quite expensive, but at the moment a few are on offer (the Fair Isle for example) plus they have 25% off too until midnight on Thursday. Maybe you could ask for an early Christmas pressie from someone? Or maybe one of these hotties would make a very generous gift for a loved one? (That will be one lucky girl!)
I am obsessed with winter jumpers. A well chosen jumper can be your ultimate throw on and look good item. A great jumper can be worn on the school run, at the office, to the pub on Saturday night or even out to dinner with smart trousers (see the Embellished Jumper). They are so versatile and easy to wear. Just chuck any of these on with skinny or boyfriend jeans, skinny black pants or a wool skirt and you’re hot to trot. Well, hopefully not too hot, just toasty.
Here are my faves from the current collection:
1. This is aptly called the Everyday Jumper. It’s perfect for picking the kids up, going to the supermarket, walking the dog – I imagine this lovely thing will bring a smile to all those little every day tasks.
>> Everyday Jumper, Blue Steel/Bright Coral, £47.20, Boden
2. I would wear this Embellished Jumper with skinny black pants and either leopard print flats or plain black courts out to dinner. I hardly ever feel comfortable in dresses, so thank God dressy jumpers are in (and embellished jeans too – interesting, may have to investigate that trend). An easy breezy way to be dressed up but comfy too. Winning! This may be my Christmas purchase instead of buying a ‘party dress’…
>> Embellished Jumper, Mid Pink, £99, Boden
3. OHMYGOD. Sorry, but this is possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen. It’s frivolous, Christmassy, cheerful – but still classy. I love it. Wear it with skinny leather trousers or dark blue jeans to the pub of an evening – you know, on those extremely rare nights out!? I bet you a tenner you get loads of comments!
>> Pom Pom Jumper, Beetroot, £79, Boden
4. This Fair Isle Jumper is a great Christmas Day choice – great for a chilly church if you’re that way inclined, though it might be too sweaty when it heats up in the kitchen. Or is it more of a ‘Let’s build a snowman’ jumper? Whichever occasion you choose it for, it will inspire you to create happy winter memories, that’s for sure. This beauty is on offer too so there’s extra savings to be made.
>> Fair Isle Jumper, Oatmeal, £55.30(was £79), Boden
5. You could wear this Contrast Pocket Jumper to work with a wool skirt, or even cropped checked or patterned trousers. Also, it’d be cute with rolled up boyfriend jeans and brogues too of a weekend. A lovely smart casual addition for any wardrobe.
>> Contrast Pocket Jumper, Fallow, £69, Boden
Which is your favourite? Check out Rachel’s >> winter jumpers for mum board on Pinterest for a wider collection of knitwear from Boden as well as other retailers and cute ways to style winter jumpers too.